Associate Medical Director and Women’s Health Director,
Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa
- American Board of Family Practice, Board Certified
- MD, Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Florida Hospital Resident Research Award
- State Project Chair, Louisiana State Medical Society
- President, Women In Medicine
To her patients at Pritikin, Dr. Fruge brings the enthusiasm and expertise of a doctor who practices what she preaches. Throughout her life she has enjoyed a diet abundant in natural, nutrient-dense foods like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. She is an avid exerciser and athlete, and as an undergraduate received a full NCAA Division I tennis scholarship. She also runs marathons. Now, she also runs after her two young children.
Dr. Fruge loves working at Pritikin because "I truly believe that preventive medicine is the medicine of the future, and I intend to make it my life’s work. The Pritikin Longevity Center represents this work at its very best." Virtually every week, Dr. Fruge is interviewed by national and local media as a leading expert on healthy living, nutrition, and fitness.