- Pepperpot Soup
- Here’s a zesty new favorite in the dining room at Pritikin. This soup freezes well, too. Cook up a batch and store leftovers in single-serving containers in the freezer for warm and filling meals and snacks any time of day.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|10 1-cup servings||40 minutes||80 minutes|
- 1/2 pound spinach frozen, chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1/4 pound potatoes peeled and diced
- 1/4 pound calabaza peeled and diced
- 1/4 pound taro peeled and diced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 pound corn frozen or fresh from the cob
- 1.5 tablespoons thyme fresh, leaves (no stems)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice whole
- 1/2 poblano pepper diced
- 2 quarts vegetable stock low-sodium
- 1.5 tablespoons cilantro fresh, leaves chopped
- 2 stems scallions chopped
- In a large stockpot, combine all ingredients except cilantro and scallions.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Add cilantro and scallions. Simmer for another 20 minutes.