- Pepperpot Soup
- Here’s a zesty new favorite in the dining room at Pritikin. This soup freezes well, too. Cook up a batch and store leftovers in single-serving containers in the freezer for warm and filling meals and snacks any time of day.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/2poundspinach frozen, chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 1onion diced
- 1tablespoongarlic chopped
- 1/4poundpotatoes peeled and diced
- 1/4poundcalabaza peeled and diced
- 1/4poundtaro peeled and diced
- 1/2tablespoondried oregano
- 1/4poundcorn frozen or fresh from the cob
- 1 1/2tablespoons thyme fresh, leaves (no stems)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoonallspice whole
- 1/2poblano pepper diced
- 2quartsvegetable stock low-sodium
- 1 1/2tablespoonscilantro fresh, leaves chopped
- 2stemsscallions chopped
- In a large stockpot, combine all ingredients except cilantro and scallions.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Add cilantro and scallions. Simmer for another 20 minutes.