- Roasted Bison
- Fans of roasted bison love its tender, sweet, rich flavor. We have plenty of fans right here at the Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa, where guests enjoy grass-fed, free-range bison entrees every Thursday night.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|12 people||30 minutes||1 hour|
- 3 pounds bison NY strip, grass fed, whole, trimmed
- 4 limes juiced
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 grapefruit juiced
- 2 oranges juiced
- 3 sprigs rosemary leaves picked and chopped
- 6 sprigs sage leaves picked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce low-sodium
- 3 tablespoons thyme fresh, leaves picked and chopped
- 1/2 cup Vidalia onion finely sliced
- 1/2 cup garlic fresh, minced
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns freshly ground
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, except bison, to create a marinade. Rub marinade over bison. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours but no more than 6 hours.
- Before cooking, bring roast to room temperature (about 15 minutes before placing in oven). Pre-heat oven to 250°.
- Place roast, plus marinade juices, in a roasting pan. Cook in oven until pink, about 1 hour. Do not overcook.
- Let bison roast sit 15 minutes before slicing. Slice into 4-ounce portions.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for the next 3 to 4 days.