- MD, Chicago Medical School
- American Board of Cardiology, Board Certified
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certified
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Clinical Professor of Medicine, Cardiology, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Senior Attending Physician, Department of Medicine and Cardiology, Parkway Regional Medical Center, North Miami Beach
- Senior Attending Physician, Department of Medicine and Cardiology, North Miami General Hospital, North Miami
Dr. Maurice Laszlo has been a practicing cardiologist for more than 50 years and has counseled guests and taught classes in heart health at the Pritikin Longevity Center since 1988.
Since 1964, he has also served as Professor of Medicine at the University of Miami, School of Medicine.
Dr. Laszlo’s honors include:
Recipient of the Distinguished Alumnus Award from Chicago Medical School; Recipient Fellowship from the National Endowment for Humanities, Vanderbilt University, for the study of philosophy and ethics in medical practice; and listing in The Best Doctors in the U.S.
For Dr. Laszlo, the rewards of practicing medicine at Pritikin “are incalculable. From the point of view of prevention,” he points out, “Pritikin has no equal. The studies done on the Pritikin Program over the course of many years have proven what cardiologists have long suspected, namely, it is far easier and far more beneficial to prevent heart disease or prevent its progression than to deal with it in its end stages.
“You cannot cure heart disease, but, as thousands of Pritikin guests have found, you can make amazing strides in arresting its progress – and live a vibrant, healthy life.”
Dr. Laszlo himself, trim and athletic, and in his late eighties, certainly practices what he preaches.
“Patients tell me, ‘You’re my role model. I want to be like you.’
“I tell them, ‘You can! Just get on the treadmill 30 minutes a day the way that I do. Watch what you eat the way that I do. And here at Pritikin we’ll show you how. So go ahead and change!'”
“Many do, and they reap tremendous life-saving, life-enhancing benefits,” observes Dr. Laszlo.
“It’s very gratifying to watch their success. That’s what makes working at Pritikin so rewarding to me. I’m enjoying myself far more here than I would be playing golf every day.”