HEALTHY RECIPE FROM THE PRITIKIN COOKING SCHOOL
"Healthy" does not have to mean "blah!" The award-winning chefs at Pritikin are masters at showing people how delicious healthy eating can be.
The Pritikin Eating Plan is proven in more than 100 peer-reviewed studies to have life-saving benefits like lowering cholesterol and blood pressure. Plus, you aren't losing your mind while losing weight. There's no calorie counting, no hunger. Just plenty of healthy, whole foods deliciously prepared, like this recipe.
| || |
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
Aloo Baingan is a very popular North Indian eggplant and potato stew, simple to make and oh-so-savory. If you love eggplant, you'll love this recipe, and your waistline will really love the fact that this recipe (unlike most eggplant recipes) has absolutely no oil.
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 8servings|| 40minutes|| 45minutes|
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 8servings|| 40minutes|
- In a large hot nonstick skillet, saute onions & garlic until they are light brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, one-half cup water, eggplant, and, potatoes.
- Cook over medium heat for 12 minutes.
- Add another one-half cup of water and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are cooked, about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.