Healthy Recipe from the Pritikin Cooking School
"Healthy" does not have to mean "blah!" The award-winning chefs at Pritikin are masters at showing people how delicious healthy eating can be.
Skinless, white-meat turkey and chicken are good choices, advises the Pritikin Eating Plan, because they're high in protein yet fairly low in saturated fat and cholesterol. The chefs in the Pritikin Cooking School have created many delectable poultry recipes, like this one.
| || |
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
When it comes to choosing an entree for dinner, the Pritikin Eating Plan advises skinless, white-meat turkey or chicken for two reasons. These sources of poultry are high in protein and at the same time, reasonably low in cholesterol and saturated fat. When it comes to making a rich and satisfying meatloaf dish that is healthy but still delectable, extra lean ground turkey is the way to go.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use a food processor to grind the turkey.
- Once it's ground, add it to a large mixing bowl.
- One by one, add each ingredient.
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients together.
- Lightly spray a non-stick meatloaf pan.
- Pour the entire turkey mixture into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for another 25 minutes.
- Remove meatloaf from the oven and allow pan to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.