- Artichoke Soup
- Cream of artichoke soup in a restaurant can easily pad our poor arteries with as much plaque-building saturated fat as a cheeseburger. Our Pritkin artichoke soup has zero saturated fat, but loads of rich, tangy artichoke flavor.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4bottlesartichoke hearts 12-ounce bottles, drained and rinsed
- 1/4cupgarlic minced
- 2onions large, peeled and diced
- 1carrot peeled and diced
- 1/2leek white part only, chopped
- 1/2tablespoonoregano dry
- 1/4bunchthyme leaves picked
- 1/4teaspoonblack pepper freshly ground
- 3quartsvegetable stock low-sodium
- 2cupsmilk nonfat
- In a large stockpot, bring all ingredients, except milk, to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Puree. Stir in milk. Serve hot.