- Artichoke Soup
- Cream of artichoke soup in a restaurant can easily pad our poor arteries with as much plaque-building saturated fat as a cheeseburger. Our Pritkin artichoke soup has zero saturated fat, but loads of rich, tangy artichoke flavor.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|10 servings||25 minutes||70 minutes|
- 4 bottles artichoke hearts 12-ounce bottles, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup garlic minced
- 2 onions large, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1/2 leek white part only, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano dry
- 1/4 bunch thyme leaves picked
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 3 quarts vegetable stock low-sodium
- 2 cups milk nonfat
- In a large stockpot, bring all ingredients, except milk, to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Puree. Stir in milk. Serve hot.