- Curried Eggplant Soup
- 4large eggplants washed
- 1tablespoonfresh ginger peeled and finely diced
- 2tablespoongarlic finely chopped
- 1cuponion chopped
- 1/2carrot peeled and chopped
- 1tablespooncurry powder
- 1gallonvegetable stock
- black pepper to taste
- 1teaspoonlow-sodium soy sauce
- Garnish: sliced scallions
- Roast whole eggplants in a 350-degree oven until fallen. (They look like ½ deflated balloons and are soft to touch.)
- Sweat ginger, garlic, onion, and carrot over medium heat until translucent.
- Take all flesh out of eggplant and discard the skin.
- Add to vegetables.
- Then add curry, coriander, cumin and vegetable stock. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Puree.
- Season with pepper and soy sauce.
- When serving, garnish with sliced scallions.