- Marinated & Grilled Bison
- Love red meat but trying to curtail your saturated fat intake? Try bison, also known as buffalo meat. Think of it as the "good" red meat. It has just 1 gram of saturated fat for each 3½-ounce serving.
- 2poundsbison tenderioin cut into 4-oz portions
- 1/2cupripe pineapple
- 1tablespoonfresh thyme picked & chopped
- 1teaspoonlow-sodium soy sauce
- 1teaspoonfresh garlic chopped
- 1tablespoonVidalia onion chopped
- 2juniper berries smashed
- 2teaspoonblack peppercorns ground
- Puree all ingredients in food processor, except bison.
- Let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Grill or sear bison until cooked, about 90 seconds per side for medium doneness.
- Let sit for 2 minutes and serve.