- Marinated & Grilled Bison
- Love red meat but trying to curtail your saturated fat intake? Try bison, also known as buffalo meat. Think of it as the "good" red meat. It has just 1 gram of saturated fat for each 3½-ounce serving.
- 2 pounds bison tenderioin cut into 4-oz portions
- 1/2 cup ripe pineapple
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme picked & chopped
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon Vidalia onion chopped
- 2 juniper berries smashed
- 4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon black peppercorns ground
- Puree all ingredients in food processor, except bison.
- Let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Grill or sear bison until cooked, about 90 seconds per side for medium doneness.
- Let sit for 2 minutes and serve.