- Minestrone Soup
- A favorite Minestrone Soup recipe from the Pritikin Cooking School.
- 2 quarts red beans soaked overnight
- 3 gallons vegetable stock
- 2 quarts Knudsen low sodium very veggie
- 2 heads fennel chopped
- 2 cups garlic chopped
- 3 cups brocoli chopped
- 3 cups cauliflower chopped
- 3 zucchini diced
- 3 yellow squash diced
- 1/2 cup dry oregano
- 1/2 cup dry basil
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 bunch rosemary picked & chopped
- 8 onion diced
- 2 heads celery diced
- 1 6 pound can tomato puree
- 2 chipotle peppers de-seeded & diced
- 3 pounds whole-wheat pasta cooked
- In a large stockpot bring to boil: white beans, stock, Knudsen Very Veggie, fennel, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, yellow squash, dry oregano, basil, garlic, onion, celery seed, bay leaves, chilpolte, paprika, rosemary, celery, tomato.
- Simmer for 2 hours. And remove bay leaves & chilpolte.
- When ready to serve add pasta.
- Serve immediately