- Jerk Seasoning
- This is a very spicy marinade, fantastic with seafood, poultry, and vegetables. It can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- 1poundvidalia onions
- 3Scotch bonnet chili peppers (or 3 habanero chili peppers)
- 1teaspoonfreshly ground allspice
- 1/4cupchopped garlic
- 2tablespoonschopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1tablespoongrated fresh ginger
- 1teaspoonlow-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4cuplow-sodium vegetable stock (such as Pritikin recipe)
- 1/4cupbalsamic vinegar
- Rough-chop scallions, onions, and peppers.
- Combine all ingredients and blend in a food processor for 5 minutes.
- Let marinate in refrigerator overnight before using.