Nidal Makhoul, MD, FACC
Cardiologist and Educator
- American board of Internal Medicine- Cardiovascular medicine
- Medical degree from Damascus University faculty of Medicine
- Internal Medicine Residency, West Virginia University
- Internal Medicine residency, Mount Carmel Medical Center, Columbus, OH
- Fellowship in Cardiology at Montreal Heart Institute
- Internal Medicine and Cardiology Training at the Universities of Lyon and Paris, France.
- Attending Cardiologist at University of Vermont Health Network-CVPH medical center
At Pritikin people learn how to implement and sustain a perfectly healthy lifestyle, and its benefits on the body and mind.
“As humans are now living longer lives,” observes Dr. Makhoul, “there is more need to help them live healthier. Preventive medicine is the way to achieve this goal. It halts the disease process before they start or early on. There are personal, social and economic implications to chronic disease management. At Pritikin people learn how to implement and sustain a perfectly healthy life style, and its benefits on the body and mind.”
Dr. Makhoul has many years of experience as a practicing cardiologist, both invasive and non-invasive, in urban and rural setting, in the US but also in Canada and Europe.