Reduce Bad Cholesterol Levels 23% and 24%
Analyses of 4,587 guests staying at Pritikin for three weeks showed an average 23% drop in total cholesterol and 23% drop in LDL cholesterol, and a 24% reduction in non-HDL. New England Journal of Medicine, 323: 1142, 1990; Archives of Internal Medicine, 151: 1389, 1991.
Lower C-Reactive Protein 45%
In just two weeks, inflammation markers like C-reactive protein plummeted 45% in women at the Pritikin Center. No other diet and exercise program or drug therapy, including statins, has proven to lower C-reactive protein so dramatically or rapidly. Metabolism, 53: 377, 2004.
Enhance Effectiveness of Statin Therapy
Prior to attending Pritikin, 93 people had reduced their cholesterol about 20% on statins. After two weeks at Pritikin, they demonstrated an additional 19% decrease in cholesterol. American Journal of Cardiology, 79: 1112, 1997.
Lower Your Cholesterol While On Vacation
A stay at Pritikin will change your life. Lower cholesterol, lose weight and return home with the tools needed to live a healthier life. All-Inclusive Health Resort
Ultimate Guide for Lowering Cholesterol Naturally
Scientists worldwide agree that the single most important thing you can do to lower your risk of a heart attack is to lower bad forms of cholesterol like LDL and non-HDL. The safest, most natural way to do so is to dramatically reduce the saturated fat, hydrogenated (trans) fat, and cholesterol in your diet, and instead eat an abundance of natural, whole, high-fiber foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and beans.
On an eating plan like the Pritikin Program, which is very low in saturated and hydrogenated fats and very high in cholesterol-lowering, high-fiber fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and beans, people achieve phenomenal cholesterol results.
Ultimate Guide for Lowering Cholesterol Naturally: Additional Resources
At Pritikin, we consider bad cholesterol like LDL and non-HDL Enemy #1, along with its partner in crime, saturated fat. That being the case, we want to make sure you’re well-armed to fight for your health! Knowing your enemy is half the battle, so please click through to learn more about it!
- How to Start a
Low Cholesterol Diet
- How To Lower Cholesterol Naturally
- The Truth About Saturated Fat
- Best Ice Creams For High Cholesterol
- Lowering Cholesterol Tips – Tip #1
- Diet Plan to Lower Cholesterol and Lose Weight
- Getting Healthy Again, Quickly
- What is high-sensitivity C-reactive protein? Can you lower it with food?
- Study finds “good” cholesterol may not be so great after all
- Prevention 101: Your commitment to a healthy lifestyle and why it matters
- Non-HDL Cholesterol Goal | What’s Optimal?
- Shopping List For Lowering Cholesterol
- What Is ApoB?
- Can One Fatty Meal Increase Your Risk of a Heart Attack?
- Eggs, Cholesterol, and the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines
- Does Metamucil lower LDL cholesterol?
- How Long Does It Take To Lower Cholesterol?
- What are free radicals?
- Niacin and Cholesterol
- Good, Bad, and Badder Cholesterol?
- HDL Cholesterol – Bad News About This “Good” Cholesterol
- Statin Side Effects – New FDA Warnings
- “My HDL is low. What does that mean?”
- Will exercise lower cholesterol?
- How Statins Work – And Why They’re Not Enough
- Is Saturated Fat Bad For You?
- Lowering C-Reactive Protein: Which Diet Works Best?
- What do my cholesterol results mean?
- What Diet Is Best For Lowering Cholesterol?
- Can Cholesterol Be Too Low?
- Special Report: Lower High Cholesterol
- Lowering Cholesterol: Statins Or Diet?
- Trans Fat Ban: How NOT To Get Greased
- What is non-HDL cholesterol?
- How To Lower C-Reactive Protein
- 5 Tips For Lowering LDL Without Drugs
- Small Dense LDL Treatment
- The Real Paleo Diet
- Saturated Fat Is Good For You?