Love guacamole but not its calories? Try our zesty all-veggie version. And dig in as much as you want! That's because a half-cup of our Broccomole is only 25 calories. A half-cup of regular guacamole is nearly 200 calories!
Yield: 8 1/4-cup servings
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli cooked, stems only, tough outer layers peeled off
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tomato diced
- 1/4 bunch scallions finely sliced
- 1 small can green chilis chopped
- In a food processor, blend the broccoli stems with the lemon juice, cumin, and garlic powder until completely smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well by hand. Do not blend.
- Chill before serving.