Curried Waldorf Salad
Do you like salads that are sweet, savory, and filling? You’ll enjoy our chefs’ Curried Waldorf Salad, a favorite at the Pritikin health and weight-loss resort in Miami.
Yield: 4 people
- 1/4 cup yogurt plain, nonfat
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon frozen apple juice concentrate thawed, undiluted
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup red apple cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup red grapes halved
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley leaves picked and minced
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, curry, and juice concentrate.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss.
- Keep refrigerated.
Chef's Note: You may substitute orange juice concentrate for the apple juice concentrate.