Healthy Black Bean Salad
Double or triple the recipe for a great potluck party side dish. On busy weeknights, it's also wonderful to have on hand in the fridge. Scoop some of your black bean salad into a whole-wheat tortilla, or blend with some crispy Romaine lettuce for a really big-sized salad. Enjoy with some fresh corn on the cob.
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 cup black beans cooked, no-salt-added
- 1/4 cup red onions diced
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers small diced
- 1/4 cup yellow bell peppers small diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves picked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix all ingredients. Let marinate for 2 hours before serving.