Rum Raisin Bread Pudding
Yield: 16 people
- 6 cups bread (low sodium whole-wheat) cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 1/2 cup raisin
- 2 cups pineapple fresh pureed
- 2 cups milk (evaporated fat-free)
- 1 teaspoon rum or 1 t. rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 5 eggs whites beaten until frothy
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Put bread in a large bowl and mix in sugar, raisin & pineapple.
- In a separate bowl mix remaining ingredients lightly.
- Fold into bread trying not to break up bread.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve immediately