Asparagus Orange Salad
Be creative! Feel free to forge new fusions. Do you prefer balsamic over red wine vinegar? Go for it! Did you just pick up gorgeous strawberries from the market? Use them instead of oranges for this salad. It’s all about discovering new taste treats!
Yield: 4 people
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 2 tomatoes firm & ripe. cored, quartered and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 blood oranges peeled and sectioned
- 1 large bunch romaine shredded
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic fresh, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper fresh ground
- For dressing, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk.
- Remove tough asparagus ends, cut on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces, and blanch. Put asparagus, tomatoes, oranges, and romaine in large bowl. Toss gently with dressing, and serve.