Citrus-Baked Salmon With Asparagus
What luscious flavors in this dynamite combination of citrus, salmon, garlic, balsamic reduction, and more! A palate pleaser for Pritikin and nonPritikin guests alike!
Yield: 6 people
- 2 oranges juiced
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh garlic chopped
- 3 If desired garnish with watermelon balls and sprigs of fresh basil leaves picked and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercrons ground
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (no-salt-added0
- 1.5 pounds salmon (fresh) portioned into 4-ounce serving
- 1.5 tablespoons Pritikin Fish Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction see recipe notes
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine citrus juices, garlic, thyme, pepper, and mustard.
- Coat salmon with Pritikin Fish Seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet over a hot flame on the stove, sear salmon on cut side until brown, about 2 minutes.
- Flip salmon, and pour citrus marinade over it. Immediately transfer salmon to oven, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- While fish is baking, steam asparagus. (Place your asparagus spears in a steamer basket inserted into a pot that contains 1 to 2 inches of boiling water. Cover, and steam till spears are bright green, usually about 3 to 8 minutes).
- When fish is cooked, drizzle with balsamic reduction and Italian parsley. Serve immediately with steamed asparagus.
* To make your own Pritikin Fish Seasoning, combine equal parts onion powder, garlic powder, dry dill weed, granulated lemon, and paprika. Or order our chefs’ Pritikin Fish Seasoning in the Pritikin Online Store, or call (877) 673-4609. ** To make a balsamic reduction, pour regular balsamic vinegar into a small pot, bring to a boil, lower flame, and simmer till reduced by half.