Healthy Deviled Eggs - No Yoke!
The typical filling for deviled eggs is loaded with the artery-clogging fats in egg yoke and mayonnaise. Pritikin Executive Chef Vincent Della Polla keeps all of the classic flavors of deviled eggs, but replaces the egg yokes and mayonnaise with...wait..you'll never guess!
- 1 quart egg whites
- 4 ounces cream cheese, fat free
- 1 tablespoon tumeric (mixed with hot water to make a thin paste)
- 2 tablespoon chives chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (low-sodium)
- 1 tablespoon stoneground mustard (no-salt-added)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (garnish)
- Spray small casserole pan with cooking spray and pour in egg whites.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes or until egg is firm at 350F
- Remove foil and allow egg to completely cool down.
- Use a small round cookie cutter to make circular egg white shapes.
- Use a melon baller and remove a small part from the center of each egg round.
- Take the leftover egg in the pan and whip it in the food processor with remaining ingredients.
- Use a pastry tip and bag to pipe the egg mixture onto each egg round.
- Garnish with sprinkled paprika and chives.