Mashed Potatoes & Turnips with Caramelized Onions
Yield: 4 people
- 1 pound potatoes (Yukon Gold)
- 1 pound turnips
- 1/4 cup milk (non-fat) very hot
- 1/4 cup sour cream (non-fat )
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- Bring potatoes and turnips to a boil over medium-high heat for about 25 minutes, until tender.
- Once boiled, add potatoes and turnips to a large mixing boil and mash.
- Add hot milk and sour cream.
- Whip until mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a hot nonstick skillet, sauté onions till they are light brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Fold caramelized onions into potatoes and turnips.