Asian Grilled Tofu
Vegetarians coming over for dinner? They'll love this zesty Asian-style recipe for tofu "steaks," and you'll love how easy they are to prepare!
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon ginger root grated
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves picked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 pounds firm tofu squeeze to release most of water, then cut into 4-oz slices
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except tofu. Pour over tofu, and marinate, refrigerated, for up to 2 hours.
- In a large hot nonstick skillet, sear one side of tofu "steaks" till brown, about 4 minutes, then flip to other side to brown, another 4 minutes.