Summer Salad with Thousand Island Dressing
Throw in just about any veggies already in the crisper, especially the crunchy ones. Here’s a combination that guests love at the Pritikin Longevity Center.
- 1 cauliflower florets
- 1 broccoli florets
- 1 carrots
- 1 red onion
- 1 radishes
- 1 romaine lettuce
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tomato
THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt plain (fat-free)
- 1/2 cup sour cream, fat free
- 3/4 cup ketchup (low-sugar, low-sodium) (Good choices are Heinz® No Salt Ketchup, Hunt’s® No-Salt-Added Ketchup, and Westbrae® Unsweetened UnKetchup)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, chop up all your veggies into bite-size pieces using a knife or salad chopper. Here's a salad chopper our guests at Pritikin like. Chill your veggies till ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, whip up your Pritikin-style Thousand Island Dressing (and watch the pounds disappear). A quarter cup of regular Thousand Island Dressing is often 300+ calories. A quarter cup of Pritikin’s Thousand Island dressing is 40 calories.
- To make Pritikin Thousand Island Dressing, simply blend ¾ cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, ½ cup fat-free sour cream, ½ teaspoon dry oregano, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, and ¾ cup low-sugar, low-sodium ketchup (good choices are Heinz® No Salt Ketchup, Hunt’s® No-Salt-Added Ketchup, and Westbrae® Unsweetened UnKetchup).