Wheat Berry Salad
You’ll love the sweet, crunchy nuttiness of this Wheat Berry Salad. And its dressing has absolutely no oil, added salt, or added sugar. It’s a feast for both taste buds and health!
Yield: 6 people
- 2 cups wheat berries cooked al dente (firm to the bite)
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions/chives chopped
- 1/4 cup cranberries (dry) chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate thawed
- 1 teaspoon garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup basil (fresh leaves) chopped
PROCEDURE FOR SALAD
- Combine all 5 ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
PROCEDURE FOR SALAD DRESSING
- Combine all 4 dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend well.
- Pour over salad, combine, and let stand for a half-hour in the refrigerator.