No butter, cream, sugar, or anything else that hurts your heart and health. Just a lovely, airy strawberry-sweet dessert! Water baths are often used when delicate foods like souffles and custards are being cooked because their gentle heat helps ensure a smooth and even texture.
- 1 pound tofu silken firm
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablepoons Splenda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 pints strawberries greens removed, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend all ingredients, except strawberries, in a food processor until very smooth. Put in a bowl, and fold in strawberries.
- Spray twelve 4-ounce soufflé cups with Pam. Pour mixture into cups. Bake in a water bath for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees. (To bake in water bath, place soufflé cups, also called ramekins, in a larger baking pan and then carefully pour in enough hot water so that the water is halfway up the sides of the cups.)
- Let cool. Remove each soufflé from its cup. Serve.