The Biomechanics of Aging
Embark on a journey into the dynamic interplay between aging and human movement.
What you learn:
- Muscle Function Assessment: Evaluate your muscle strength, flexibility, and balance, gaining insights into your movement capacities and potential limitations.
- The Impact of Falls: Decipher the complex forces at play during falls, analyzing their impact on bones, joints, and overall function. Equip yourself with knowledge and strategies for fall prevention and mitigation.
- Corrective Exercises for Enhanced Mobility: Discover evidence-based exercise programs specifically designed to counteract age-related biomechanical changes. Improve muscle function, enhance joint stability, and optimize gait patterns for an active and independent lifestyle.
Who should attend:
- You're curious about how your body moves and changes with age.
- You want to proactively maintain your mobility and independence.
- You're eager to learn exercises specifically tailored to enhance your body's biomechanics.
In addition to this event, you can enjoy all of the daily activities that Pritikin offers. See what a typical day looks like.
Saturday, February 3
4:30 pm: The Biomechanics of Aging: Movement, Muscles, and Maintaining Mobility
This intensive course delves into the biomechanical principles that govern our bodies, particularly as we navigate the later stages of life.
Develop a repertoire of corrective exercises to address specific biomechanical limitations and promote optimal mobility.
Unlock the secrets of biomechanics and empower yourself to move with purpose, strength, and resilience as you age.
Brian Biagioli EdD
Graduate Program Director in the Department of Kinesiology and Sport Science at the University of Miami
Brian Biagioli EdD, a leading figure in strength and conditioning, heads the University of Miami's graduate program while actively shaping the field through textbook authorship, industry leadership, and innovative curriculum development.
Brian is presently serving on four national committees and an international certifying body that are related to standard setting, education accreditation, population engagement in physical activity, as well driving national legislation to improving certification standards within in the profession in the United States.