Cancer Prevention Strategies
Join us for a transformative weekend led by Dr. Baruch Vainshelboim, Ph.D., where you'll delve into the science of movement and its incredible impact on cancer prevention.
What you’ll learn:
- Unmask the startling connection between prolonged sitting and increased cancer risk.
- Explore the powerful synergy between cardiovascular fitness and strength training in cancer prevention and management.
- Understand the optimal balance of exercise for maximum impact on your health.
Who should attend:
- You want to take control of your health and reduce your cancer risk.
- You seek practical strategies to move more and embrace an active lifestyle.
- You desire to understand the science behind the connection between exercise and cancer prevention.
- You're eager to learn from a leading expert in the field.
In addition to this event, you can enjoy all of the daily activities that Pritikin offers. See what a typical day looks like.
Friday, June 8
4:30 pm: Cancer Risk & Sedentary Lifestyles
In this insightful lecture on the intricate relationship between cancer risk and a sedentary lifestyle, Baruch Vainshelboim, Ph.D. discusses the statistical correlations linking prolonged periods of sitting with an increased susceptibility to various cancers. The lecture not only highlights the urgency of addressing sedentary behaviors but also offers practical strategies to mitigate risks, emphasizing the importance of incorporating regular physical activity into daily routines.
Saturday, June 9
4:30 pm: The Connection Between Cardio, Strength, and Cancer Incidents
Understand the interplay between cardiovascular fitness, strength training, and cancer incidents takes center stage. Baruch Vainshelboim, Ph.D. reveals how a balanced combination of cardio and strength exercises can significantly influence cancer prevention and outcomes.
Baruch Vainshelboim, PhD
Clinical Exercise Physiologist, Health Scientist, and Educator
Baruch Vainshelboim, Ph.D., ACSM-RCEP, ACSM/ACS-CET is a clinical exercise physiologist, health scientist, and educator, specializing in physiological prevention and rehabilitation of chronic diseases and health improvement. Dr. Vainshelboim earned his Bachelor in Physical Education and Sport Science, a Master’s in Exercise Physiology, and Ph.D. in Clinical Exercise Physiology.
My mission is to help people through science and kind care live a healthy, happy, and fulfilled life.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Prevention and rehabilitation of chronic diseases:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Respiratory disease
- Diabetes and Obesity
- Losing fat mass and gaining muscle mass
- Depression and Anxiety
- Musculoskeletal dysfunctions