The Foundation Of Our Mobility
Embark on a week-long journey into the world of podiatry. Join us for a series of engaging events and receive a free pair of premium walking or running shoes.* designed to better your foot health and comfort.
Throughout the week, explore the fascinating realm of podiatry through interactive sessions and discussions. You'll even get a new pair of shoes that's fitted for your unique needs.
This week offers a unique opportunity to appreciate the often-overlooked foundation of our mobility.
Register now and get a free pair of premium walking or running shoes. *Limited to first 25 people to sign up. Must be in-person at the 3:15 PM Saturday, January 20 lecture "Diabetes Management and Foot Care" to receive the promo and get the free pair of shoes at the shoe fitting session. Cannot be combined with other offers. Contact your program advisor for details.
In addition to this event, you can enjoy all of the daily activities that Pritikin offers. See what a typical day looks like.
Tuesday, January 16
3:15 p.m. Understand Causes and Effects of Foot Pain
- Uncover the mysteries behind one of the most prevalent causes of heel pain—Plantar Fasciitis.
- Address a common foot deformity, bunions, with our in-depth exploration of the issue.
- Learn how spinal conditions and posture can contribute to foot pain and discomfort.
Wednesday, January 17
3:15 p.m. Panel Discussion
This dynamic conversation will explore a range of topics aimed at enhancing your understanding of foot care.
- Practical tips for preventing falls through proper footwear and balance exercises.
- Demonstration of effective stretches for the legs and feet that can be easily incorporated into daily routines.
- Expert advice on choosing suitable exercises and modifications for individuals with foot discomfort.
Saturday, January 20
3:15 p.m. Diabetes Management and Foot Care
Gain a thorough understanding of foot care and diabetes management.
- Proactive measures to prevent foot problems associated with diabetes.
- Address common foot issues such as calluses, corns, and ulcers, which are prevalent among individuals with diabetes.
- Become aware of emerging technologies and research in diabetic foot care.
Saturday, January 20
4:30 p.m. Personal Shoe Fitting Session
Are you tired of dealing with discomfort, blisters, or foot pain caused by ill-fitting shoes? This class is designed to revolutionize the way you approach footwear.
- Runner’s Co Shoe Store will be on site and will have a wide variety of shoes to find your perfect match.
- Learn the intricacies of measuring your feet accurately.
- Identify signs indicating it's time to bid farewell to your old shoes.
- Gain insights into the world of orthotics and their impact on foot health.
Dedrie Polakof, DPM
Board Certified Podiatric Physician and Surgeon
Dedrie Polakof, DPM has 30 years of experience helping people in the field of podiatric medicine and surgery. She has been honored in her career, being appointed by the governor of Arizona as the President of the State Board of Podiatry Examiners, now investigator to the Board. On the Board of Directors - the American Counsel of Podiatric Surgery, American Board of Lower Extremity Surgeons, American Wound Care Board, Blue Cross/Blue Shield of AZ Quality Assurance Board, and many others. Podiatric Lecturer to multiple organizations and professional CME seminars.