Genesis D. Ettienne, LMHC, MFT
Licensed Mental Health Counselor/ Marriage, and Family Therapist & Educator
- Licensed by the Florida Department of Health
- Barry University, master’s in counseling with a dual specialization in mental health counseling and marriage and family therapy
- Specialization in post-acute Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Process Addictions and Clinical direction
- Certified Bowen family therapist by the Bowen Institute for Family Systems and Gottman trained family therapist
- Distinguished member of the American Counseling Association and International Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
“Change only happens when you do the work. Let’s do the work together.”
Genesis Ettienne is a Licensed Mental health counselor and marriage and family therapist, with practices in Dade and Broward counties, Florida. She has worked as a mental health therapist for the last 9 years and currently oversees the clinical programs of multiple mental health agencies in South Florida as clinical director, in addition to a thriving private practice. With master’s degrees from Barry University in mental health counseling and marriage and family therapy, her main passion and life’s work has been to serve the diverse mental health and community support needs of people looking to make their lives healthy and whole. Her specialization includes post-acute mental health rehabilitation and substance abuse rehabilitation. In her spare time, she runs personal fitness coaching programs for people dealing with depression, marriage issues, poor body image and other mental health needs. In running these programs, she has found that blending mental health treatment with physical fitness creates better personal outcomes for her clients than traditional therapy alone. Another interest includes optimizing her social footprint through her podcast, Focused at Forty, which focuses on gracefully coming to terms with life’s challenges and by curating monthly and quarterly mental health social events throughout Dade and Broward counties.
Professional interests include financial mental health, studies in existential therapy, adverse childhood trauma, rehabilitative therapy, spirituality in counseling, sex therapy for intimacy building, and continued development of her group physical fitness/mental fitness treatment program.