HEALTHY RECIPE FROM THE PRITIKIN COOKING SCHOOL
"Healthy" does not have to mean "blah!" The award-winning chefs at Pritikin are masters at showing people how delicious healthy eating can be.
Every whole grain in your diet helps! Studies show that eating whole grains instead of refined grains lowers the risk of many diseases, including diabetes, stroke, heart disease, and obesity. From the Pritikin Eating Plan comes this healthy, flavorful, whole-grain-rich recipe.
| || |
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
While the ingredients can vary widely, a typical risotto is packed with artery-clogging cheese and calories. Not so with our Pritikin risotto! It retains all the goodness of traditional risotto -- particularly the vegetables -- and leaves the rest. This recipe also makes great leftovers. Just ladle some in a microwave-safe dish, spritz with a bit of water, nuke for a minute, and lunch is ready.
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 6servings|| 30minutes|| 30minutes|
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 6servings|| 30minutes|
- Lightly mist large nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Place asparagus, bell peppers, garlic, shallots, and scallions in skillet, and saute for 3 minutes. Remove from skillet. Set aside.
- To skillet, add 2 cups vegetable stock and wine, and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining stock and black pepper, and simmer, stirring frequently until liquid is absorbed.
- Add in milk, and simmer, stirring frequently until liquid is absorbed.
- Add in basil, parsley, and reserved vegetables. Serve immediately.