Banana Blueberry Ripple “Ice Cream”
- 3 bananas peeled, wrapped in plastic, and frozen til firm
- 1/2 cup milk nonfat or soymilk
- 1 pound blueberries frozen (16-ounce bag)
- Cut the frozen bananas into several pieces.
- Put the frozen banana pieces into a processor fitted with a steel chopping blade, and process until smooth, adding ¼ cup of the milk, if necessary, to facilitate processing.
- Transfer the frozen banana purée to a bowl and place in the freezer while you process the blueberries, but don't leave it in the freezer long enough to harden.
- Wipe out the processor, add the frozen blueberries, and process until smooth, adding the remaining milk, if needed.
- Add the blueberries to the bowl with the bananas.
- Using a large fork, swirl the blueberry and banana purées together to make a ripple. Do not overmix.
- Spoon into 6 sundae dishes and serve while still frozen.
Do-Ahead Note: The "ice cream" may be made ahead and frozen. Cover it with plastic wrap and press down so that the plastic is touching the fruit. This will prevent it from icing over. Remove from the freezer to allow the "ice cream" to soften before serving.