Crepes are typically packed with saturated fat-rich ingredients like butter and egg yolks. With our recipe, you get the silky pancake-style goodness of crepes without harming your heart.
Yield: 8 crepes
- 1 cup flour buckwheat, whole-grain
- 3 large egg whites raw
- 1/2 cup milk skim (nonfat) divided use
- 3 ounces apple juice concentrate thawed
- Spray Pam
- 3 bananas sliced
- 1 teapoon cinnamon ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves ground
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Splenda
- In a food processor or blender, mix flour, egg whites, milk, and 2 tablespoons of apple juice concentrate until smooth.
- Let batter sit for 10 minutes before cooking.
- Lightly spray a small nonstick omelet pan with Pam. Ladle a small amount of batter to make a thin crepe. When crepe starts to bubble slightly on the inside, flip over. Cook for 10 more seconds and lay out on a baking sheet or between sheets of wax paper. Repeat 7 times.
- For the banana filling, place banana slices in a large hot nonstick skillet. When the bananas start to brown, add remaining ingredients. Cook until the liquid is gone and the bananas are golden brown.
- Roll the banana filling inside crepes and serve warm.