Think pastry-style desserts need to be loaded with fatty butters, creams, and sugar? What a lovely surprise these bananas in crispy cones will be! For an extra gourmet touch, ladle a little of Pritikin Orange Chiffon Sauce on each dessert dish and place the cones on top, garnished with a sprig of fresh mint.
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 breads thin-thin or lavash, whole-wheat
- 6 bananas sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each bread into quarters. Roll each piece into a cone shape.
- Place cones on a nonstick cookie sheet and bake until both sides are brown (about 2 minutes per side).
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet, cook on stove top at medium heat until bananas are mushy.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe banana mixture into cone-shape breads, making a peak at the end. (If you don't have a pastry bag, simply use a spoon.)