Here's a grand finale to your dinner party! Flambé means to ignite foods that have liquor added. Do use extreme caution.
Yield: 8 people
- 4 bananas peeled, quartered lengthwise
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup white wine
- In a large bowl, gently mix together all ingredients, except wine, being careful not to break banana slices.
- In a large hot nonstick skillet, cook banana mixture for 4 minutes.
- Add wine and flambé. To flambé, heat wine till it begins to boil. Immediately, ignite mixture with a long match (such as fireplace matches or a long barbecue lighter). Always ignite the fumes at the edge of the pan and not the liquid itself. Never lean over the pan as you light the fumes. Let cook until flame disappears.
- Serve immediately.