Trying to cut down on meat? Products like seitan are a great no-saturated-fat, no-cholesterol substitute. Seitan is a food made of gluten, the main protein of wheat, and can be found in most supermarkets as well as Asian markets and health food stores.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 pound seitan sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 1-1/2 cups vidalia onions peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup garlic fresh, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and diced
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 6 ounces Pritikin BBQ Sauce (recipe is online)
- 1-1/2 cups red grapes
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat, saute seitan with onions, garlic, carrots, and cabbage until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add BBQ sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add grapes, and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve hot.