Bison Burgers (NY Strip)
Invite the gang over! These tender, juicy bison burgers are sure to please. Your heart will be happy, too. Bison, also known as buffalo meat, has only about 1 gram of saturated fat for each 3½-ounce serving.
Yield: 4 burgers
- 2 tablespoons onions diced
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1 pound bison, 95% Lean New York Strip small diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic (fresh) chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (fresh leaves) chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper coarsely ground
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, low sodium
- In a small, medium-hot nonstick skillet, saute onions and shiitake mushrooms until onions are caramelized, about 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine onion/shiitake mixture with remaining ingredients. Mold into 4 patties. Transfer patties to refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large, hot, oven-proof skillet on the stove, sear patties till bottoms are brown, about 60 to 90 seconds.
- Flip patties, and place skillet in oven for 4 minutes.