Black Thai Rice
Black Thai rice is an exotic addition to any meal! It is naturally sweet, and actually dark purple in color when cooked, and full of nutrients.
Yield: 6 cups
- 1 pound black thai rice uncooked
- 2 tablespoons onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium
- 4-1/2 cups vegetable stock (low-sodium)
- In a large hot nonstick saute pan or skillet, saute rice. onion, garlic, and ginger until onions are soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer until rice is soft, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.