Get loads of Caesar flavor, but for a fraction of the calories of regular dressing. For example, Newman’s Own® Caesar Dressing tallies up 150 calories per 2-tablespoon serving (and who’s eating just 2 tablespoons?). A serving of Pritikin Caesar Dressing is just 10 calories.
Yield: 10 people (one ounce per serving)
- 1 box tofu (lite silken )
- 1/4 cup lemon juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, no-salt-added
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate
- dash Tabasco
- water as needed
- 1 tablespoon veggie topping (soy parmesan)
- Romaine lettuce (1 cup or more per serving of salad dressing) Fat-free Parmesan cheese (a light sprinkling per serving)
- Combine all ingredients (except lettuce and cheese) in food processor or blender.
- Process until dressing is completely smooth and creamy.
- Keep refrigerated.
- After tossing lettuce with salad dressing, sprinkle with cheese.
Add a pinch of curry powder to create Curry Caesar Dressing.