The sweet delicate taste of trout pairs well with the southern heat of Cajun spices. And in Pritikin's Cajun Trout recipe, you don't have to worry about astronomically high amounts of salt. Each 4-ounce serving has just 37 mg of sodium. Typical fish dishes using Cajun spices often ratchet up 1,000+ mg of sodium, especially in restaurants.
Yield: 4 people
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves ground
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces trout rainbow fillet raw, wild
- Mix spices together.
- Season both sides of trout with spice mixture.
- In a large hot nonstick skillet, sear trout on both sides until cooked (about 45 seconds on the first side and 30 seconds on the second side).