HEALTHY RECIPE FROM THE PRITIKIN COOKING SCHOOL
"Healthy" does not have to mean "blah!" The award-winning chefs at Pritikin are masters at showing people how delicious healthy eating can be.
The Pritikin Eating Plan recommends you eat at least 5 (and preferably many more!) servings of vegetables each day. They're super nutritious. Plus, you'll just naturally eat fewer calories and shed excess weight. This healthy recipe is vegetable-rich.
| || |
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
Calabaza is a squash from the West Indies with orange flesh that is moister and sweeter than pumpkin. It's chock-full of nutrition - rich in Vitamin A, C, and potassum, and all for just 35 calories per cup. This Calabaza Risotto delivers rich buttery flavor and a symphony of fresh herb delights, but for only about one-third the calories of regular risotto.
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 12people|| 45minutes|| 25minutes|
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 12people|| 45minutes|
- In a large hot nonstick saucepan, sauté garlic, shallots, and brown rice until garlic is golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add all herbs and wine. Cook over medium heat until wine is evaporated, stirring frequently.
- Add calabaza puree and 2 cups hot water. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring frequently. When liquid evaporates, add third cup of water and continue stirring.
- When water is evaporated, add milk, Pritikin All Purpose Seasoning, and cubed calabaza. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Rice should be a little loose. Serve immediately.