Carrot and Pineapple Salad
In this Carrot and Pineapple Salad, always a hit in Pritikin's dining room, the tart lime juice balances beautifully with the sweet pineapple. Each 1-cup serving is just 45 calories. What a yummy way to shed excess weight!
Yield: 10 8-ounce servings
- 2-3 carrots shredded
- 1 pineapple peeled, cored, and diced
- 3-4 limes juiced and zested
- 1-2 tablespoons concentrated apple juice
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 small jicama, shredded
- .25 red cabbage, diced fine
- 1 small bunch basil fresh, chopped
- 1 small bunch mint fresh, chopped
- .5 teaspoon black peppercorns ground
- Mix well.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Chill. Serve cold.
Optional: Garnish with chives or green onions.