Carrot & Cilantro Soup
Yield: 8 people
- vegetable oil spray
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 1 pound carrots peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 2 Idaho potatoes peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable stock (low-sodium)
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 cup milk (non-fat)
- Lightly spray heated nonstick stock pot with vegetable oil spray. Sauté onions in stock pot at medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery, and potatoes. Lower heat and sweat for 10 minutes.
- Add stock, coriander, and pepper. Cook on medium heat till vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes; then puree.
- Add cilantro and milk. Bring to a boil and serve.
- Freeze what you don’t eat today in single-serving containers for easy-to-thaw-and-heat-up soup for future snacks and meals.