Creamy Dill Sauce
This is a rich and tangy sauce for poultry as well as fish. It's also a fantastic topping for baked potatoes. A dollop delivers zero artery-clogging saturated fat. By contrast, a dollop of regular sour cream packs in as much saturated fat as a hamburger!
- 2 tablespoons garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots chopped
- 1 cup white wine (dry)
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 ounces tofu (silken)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, fat free
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (low-sodium)
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- In a hot nonstick saucepan, brown garlic and shallots. Deglaze (add wine to loosen and dissolve brown bits at the bottom of the pan). Add bay leaves and reduce mixture by half.
- In a large bowl, blend tofu, sour cream, vinegar, water, and mustard until smooth. Add tofu mixture to reduction, and simmer over low heat until sauce is thickened.
- Remove the bay leaves, add chopped dill, and serve.