Curried Eggplant Soup
Yield: 12 people
- 4 large eggplants washed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoon garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 gallon vegetable stock
- black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (low-sodiu)
- Roast whole eggplants in a 350-degree oven until fallen. (They look like ½ deflated balloons and are soft to touch.)
- Sweat ginger, garlic, onion, and carrot over medium heat until translucent.
- Take all flesh out of eggplant and discard the skin.
- Add to vegetables.
- Then add curry, coriander, cumin and vegetable stock. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Puree.
- Season with pepper and soy sauce.
- When serving, garnish with sliced scallions.