Elk Chops with Garlic and Sage Crust & Cherry Jus
Grass-fed, free-range wild game such as buffalo (bison), elk, and moose are low in saturated fat, less than other red meat options.
Yield: 4 people
- four 5-ounce elk chops with the bone
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries ground
- 1 tablespoon black pepper ground
- 1 tablespoon coriander ground
- 1 cup cherries (frozen bing)
- 1 clove gralic crushed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Turn on broiler.
- Mix all spices together.
- Coat the elk chops with spices.
- Place under a hot broiler for 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 1 ½ minutes more.
- In a small sauce pan combine and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Spoon on plate or over meat as desire.