Fish en Papillote
Here’s a simple yet elegant seafood recipe. Our Pritikin chefs often use salmon or whitefish; shrimp and scallops are good choices, too. Pair with a baked potato, sweet potato, or brown rice (try new easy-to-make brown rice bowls – just 90 seconds in the microwave – and the only ingredients are brown rice and water.)
Yield: 4 people
- Parchment paper
- four 4-ounce servings of seafood
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns ground
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut four large rectangles of parchment paper and fold in half; unfold. Set aside.
- Marinate the fish in remaining ingredients. Place fish in parchment paper, and top with the vegetables and herbs from the marinade. Fold top half of parchment paper over fish and crimp to seal. Place on two baking sheets. Bake until done, about 10 minutes. Open the top of each paper and serve immediately.