Garbanzo and Spinach Soup
Yield: 9 people
- 2 teaspoon galic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns ground
- 1 quart vegetable stock (low-sodium) (such as Pritikin recipe)
- 3 potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 14.5-ounce can chickpeas (no-salt added) (also called garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup milk nonfat
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups spinach leaves sliced
- Sauté garlic and onion until light brown.
- Add spices, vegetable stock, and potatoes.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Add chickpeas.
- Cook 5 minutes more.
- In a separate bowl, mix together milk, tahini, and cornstarch.
- Add to soup mixture. Add spinach.
- Cook 2 minutes more.