Yield: 6 1/4-cup per serving
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (salt-free) drained
- 2 tablespons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon natural rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 parsley or cilantro chopped
- In an empty food processor, fitted with the steel chopping blade, feed the garlic through the feed tube while the processor is running to chop the garlic.
- Remove the lid and add the rest of the ingredients. Process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and chill until ready to serve. Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro.
- Serve as a spread or dip with raw vegetables, or use as a sandwich spread on whole-wheat bread or pita with sliced tomato, red onion, cucumber, and lettuce.