Lemon Herb Barley Salad
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Allen Susser
Yield: 8 people
- 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup watercress leaves
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup barley cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil optional
- 2 tablespoon orange juice fresh squezzed
- To Prepare the lemons: Run under cold water, and wipe dry.
- Slice very thinly on a Japanesse mandoline.
- Remove the seeds.
- To finish the herb salad
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients and let stand- covered, at room temperature for ½ hour before using.