Make your morning hot cereal anything but ordinary by topping it with this zesty, subtly sweet Mango Compote. It's also a superb dessert. No added sugar, no added fat, but loads of luscious flavor!
- 3 mangoes peeled, medium-diced
- pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raspberries for garnish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- small pinch nutmeg
- In a large stockpot add all ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Cool and portion.
- Serve cold.
- Optional garnish: Raspberries dotted with Creamy Vanilla Sauce*