Make your morning hot cereal anything but ordinary by topping it with this zesty, subtly sweet Mango Compote. It's also a superb dessert. No added sugar, no added fat, but loads of luscious flavor!
- 3 mangoes peeled, medium-diced
- pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raspberries for garnish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- small pinch nutmeg
- In a large stockpot add all ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Cool and portion.
- Serve cold.
- Optional garnish: Raspberries dotted with Creamy Vanilla Sauce*
* Get recipe for Creamy Vanilla Sauce. The chefs at Pritikin have created the best ever mango recipes because all their recipes deliver everything that's great for us, like great flavor and great nutrition, and virtually nothing that's harmful, like saturated fat, sugar, and salt.